Carnew Training and Development Centre in conjunction with The Department of Social Protection provides a free Job Club service for the unemployed.
This service is for unemployed individuals to assist them in finding suitable work. The Job Club offers two main services
- A Job Club Course which runs for a duration of 4 weeks Monday to Friday 10 am to 1 pm. This is a practical course in which members develop skills, which they will use in actual job finding activities under the guidance and care of the Job Club staff.
- One to One Assistance in all aspects of the Job Seeking process is offered to individuals who may not be able to partake in the course
Those who register with the Job Club will:
- Receive support in all aspects of the job hunting process, sourcing employment, writing a C.V, writing cover letters, interview experience etc.
- Develop job seeking skills
- Have access to the facilities of the job club
- Have the opportunity to identify their own strengths and skills and match them to local work opportunities
- Develop a network of contacts which can actively assist them in obtaining work
- An expense allowance of €20 per week (Course Participants for the 4 weeks)
Resources Available to Members:
- Development of your C.V. (Free)
- Job Application Letters typed (Free)
- Postage for job applications (Free)
- Telephone calls to prospective employers (Free)
- Photocopying or Printing for Job applications (Free)
- Access to all national and local papers— job vacancies
- Access to a computer and the Internet to source training and employment
- Interview practice by appointment
- Applicants should be eligible to work in Ireland
- Must be motivated and have a positive attitude towards finding employment
- Must be registered with Employment Services
- You do not need to be on a social welfare payment to avail of this service, however if you are in receipt of a payment, it will not be affected if you decide to become a member of the Jobs Club.