Carnew TDC has a vital role to play in community development in the South Wicklow, North Wexford region.
Our objectives are to:
- Work towards minimising social exclusion and disadvantage in our community.
- Improve our services to the community, such as fostering integrated and sustainable rural development.
- Maximise access to training and employment for those marginalised by their circumstances.
- Develop social capital through training and development.
As part of our Community Development focus, we have provided support to groups setting up in the area, consultancy and administrative help with funding applications, and ongoing assistance when required.
Projects and groups we have been associated with include:
- Carnew Community Playschool Ltd
- Carnew Traditional Craft Group
- Carnew Historical Society
- Carnew Rectory Project
- Parent & Toddler Group
- Pride of Place competition
- Sli na Slainte walking routes
- St Brigid’s Hall Redevelopment Project
- Carnew Traders Association
For further information, contact:
Dermot Kenny, Manager, Carnew TDC
Tel: 053 942 6555 Email: email@example.com