International Computer Driving Licence (formally ECDL) is the certification
most widely recognised and highly valued by employers. ICDL equips the learner with practical
computer and Internet skills. Learners
who opt for the Full ICDL course will be required to complete 7 Modules to
attain an ICDL Full Certificate.
The Full ICDL course is offered as a Tutor Led Class option, or as a Blended Learning option.
TUTOR LED CLASS: the learner will attend
weekly classes led by a tutor, who will provide all instruction and information
necessary in structured lesson format.
BLENDED LEARNING: – this option requires the learner to take control of their own learning at home, using an online learning unit. Learners have greater flexibility and convenience, with 24/7 access to the learning unit. 18 hours of tutor classroom support are also offered for a period of 24 weeks so learners can have face to face tuition to clarify any points that they are finding difficult.
- Computer Essentials – This module introduces the Learner to the key skills and main concepts relating to ICT, computers, devices, and software.
- Online Essentials – This module covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to web browsing, e-mail and online security.
- Word Processing – This module covers the key skills needed to use a word processing application.
- Spreadsheets – This module covers the key skills needed to use a spreadsheet application.
- Databases – This module covers the key skills needed to use a database application.
- Presentations – This module covers the key skills needed to use Presentation application.
- IT Security – This module covers the skills needed to understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft.
TUTOR LED OPTION : – €545
BLENDED LEARNING OPTION: – €450
(May Qualify for DEASP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration – Varies depending on options taken.
Accreditation: – ICDL Full Certificate from the ICDL Foundation