MANUAL & COMPUTERISED BOOK-KEEPING
This is a QQI level 5 Course which is suitable for anyone undertaking a qualification in bookkeeping for home or work.
Basic numeracy, literacy and computer skills a pre-requisite for this course.
Sage Accounts is the computerised book-keeping application software used to teach this course.
- Explain the key terminology associated with the recording and maintenance of bookkeeping records.
- Complete the books of first entry with appropriate VAT and departmental analysis from a range of source documents to include; invoices, credit notes, bank records, petty cash vouchers
- Post the information from the day-books to the appropriate accounts in the ledgers
- Extract a trial balance at the end of an accounting period
- Prepare a Bank Reconciliation Statement from data supplied
- Prepare the end-of-period VAT Return
- Analyse tasks completed making appropriate corrections to any errors and editing of data as directed
- Printing reports after backing up computerised data.
(May Qualify for DEASP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration:- 150 Hours (typical learner effort, to include both directed and self-directed learning)
Accreditation:- QQI Level 5 Minor award Book-Keeping Manual & Computerised 5N1546