MANUAL & COMPUTERISED PAYROLL
This is a QQI level 5 course which is suitable for anyone undertaking a qualification in Payroll. This course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to carry out a payroll function in a small/medium business.
Basic numeracy, literacy and computer skills a pre-requisite for this course.
Thesaurus is the computerized payroll application software used in teaching this course.
- Explain the key terminology associated with personal taxation
- Process the payroll for employee(s), using manual and computerised systems, under the cumulative tax system, to include; various elements of gross pay, holidays, unpaid leave, cut-off points, credits, all statutory and non-statutory deductions
- Process the payroll for employee(s), under the emergency and temporary tax systems and subsequent transfer to the cumulative tax system
- Demonstrate the changes in personal tax due to various factors to include; mid-year commencement and leaving of employment, changes in credits, refunds
- Extract information from completed records to prepare all necessary mid-year and year end tax forms for employees and Revenue Commissioners.
- Analyse the impact of changes in legislation on personal tax and 5 take-home pay by comparing two tax years
- Printing reports after backing up computerised
(May Qualify for DEASP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration:- 150 Hours (typical learner effort, to include both directed and self-directed learning)
Accreditation:- QQI Level 5 Minor award – Payroll Manual & Computerised 5N1546