May qualify for DSP Funding – Enquire for further details.
This course provides best practice training to staff engaged in the manual handling of loads under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2007, Chapter 4.
Carnew Training & Development centre delivers manual handling training using an in house QQI / FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Qualified Instructor.
Upon completion of the course, the candidate will obtain a certificate of attendance which will be valid for 3 years.
– Law related to Manual Handling
– Anatomy of the spine
– Manual Handling Injuries
– Posture, Fitness & Flexibility
– Manual Handling hazards
– Recognising hazardous loads
– Means to avoid or reduce manual handling
– Good handling techniques & practice
– Dealing with unfamiliar loads
– Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
– Good housekeeping
DURATION / ACCREDITATION
Duration: 4 hours
Accreditation:- Carnew Training & Development Centre