This course has been designed to help enable participants to develop knowledge and skills necessary to apply crop pesticides using a boom sprayer in accordance with legislation and recommended safety practices.
Participants must undergo a skills demonstration and written assessment to achieve certification.
This course will enable the participant to become a “professional user” and once this programme has been completed participants will be required to register with the Department of Agriculture: http://www.pcs.agriculture.gov.ie/sud/
Pre-requisite: learners must have relevant PPE i.e. sprayer suit/gloves/goggles.
Learners can avail of scribes/readers if requested at time of booking.
– Describe how infestations of pests affect crop growth and reduce quality and the range of pest control methods available
– Explain the terminology used to categorise pesticides
– Summarise laws and regulations
– Explain the principles of application technology necessary for the proper application of pesticides
– Interpret pesticide label information , make up a pesticide spray mix in accordance with good practice, apply a pesticide mix with a boom sprayer, store a boom sprayer and personal protective equipment
– Prepare boom sprayer for work, including calibration
DURATION / ACCREDITATION
Duration:- 3 days
Accreditation:- QQI National Framework of Qualifications level 5