This course covers the felling and processing of trees over 15” diameter.
This course is suited for candidates who intend to fell trees in excess of 380mm (15”).
NOTE: Candidates must hold 00201/00202(CS30) and 00204(CS31) prior to registering for this course.
PPE (Helmet, gloves, trousers, boots) are available on loan for the duration of the course.
N.B. Learners must note that this is a physical course and a good standard of fitness is required
- Identify the risk assessment and emergency procedures on a work site.
- Select equipment require for safe and effective felling.
- Fell medium sized trees safely and accurately using an appropriate method (Sned or de-limb).
- Crosscut stems over guide bar length in diameter to a given specification.
- Select winching equipment suitable for take down of a medium sized tree.
- Take down a hung-up medium sized tree with a winch.
(May Qualify for DEASP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration: 4 days (3 days training, 1 day assessment)
Accreditation:- NPTC City & Guilds and Lantra