PESTICIDE APPLICATION – HANDHELD SPRAYER
This course has been designed to enable participants to develop the knowledge and skills necessary to understand different infestation of pests and to the best control measures required to identify current legislation and correct mixing application, storage and disposal of hand held pesticides.
Participants must undergo a skills demonstration and written assessment to achieve certification.
This course will enable the participant to become a “professional user” and once this programme has been completed participants will be required to register with the Department of Agriculture: http://www.pcs.agriculture.gov.ie/sud/
Pre-requisite : learners must have relevant PPE i.e. sprayer suit/gloves/goggles.
Learners can avail of scribes/readers if requested at time of booking.
- Describe how infestations of pests (weeds, diseases, insects and vertebrates) affect crop growth and reduce quality and control methods available to farmers and growers
- Explain the terminology used to categorise pesticides for crop production
- Describe principles and procedures for the safe handling, storage, application and disposal of pesticides
- Summarise laws and regulations relating to poisonous substances to include pesticide residues and maintenance of adequate records
- Interpret pesticide label information
- Prepare a hand – held applicator for work, including calibration, in accordance with good practice and manufacturer’s instructions
(May Qualify for DEASP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration:- 3 days
Accreditation:- QQI National Framework for Qualifications level 5