This course provides best practice training to staff engaged in the manual handling of loads under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2007, Chapter 4.
Carnew Training & Development centre delivers manual handling training using an in house QQI / FETAC Level 6 Manual Handling Qualified Instructor.
Upon completion of the course, the candidate will obtain a certificate of attendance which will be valid for 3 years.
- Law related to Manual Handling
- Anatomy of the spine
- Manual Handling Injuries
- Posture, Fitness & Flexibility
- Manual Handling hazards
- Recognising hazardous loads
- Means to avoid or reduce manual handling
- Good handling techniques & practice
- Dealing with unfamiliar loads
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Good housekeeping
(May Qualify for DEASP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration: 4 hours
Accreditation:- Carnew Training & Development Centre