ICDL or International Computer Driving Licence (formally ECDL) is the certification most widely recognised and highly valued by employers.
ICDL Workforce is designed to build the digital skills of the modern workplace. The modules offered will help candidates demonstrate their effective use of technology for the workplace. These skills and knowledge can then be further developed by progressing to the ICDL Professional modules and beyond if required.
There are 3 different study options for this course which are:
Tutor led class: – candidates will attend classes led by a tutor, twice weekly for 8 weeks. The tutor will provide all instruction and information necessary, in a structured lesson format. Classes are small, allowing for a more focused approach. Candidates will also be expected to complete revision work at home.
Blended learning: – this option requires the learner to take control of their own learning at home, using an online learning unit. Learners have greater flexibility and convenience, with 24/7 access to the learning unit. 2 hours of tutor classroom support are also offered for a period of 4 weeks per module from enrolment so learners can have face to face tuition or online video calling to clarify any points that they are finding difficult.
Remote Learning: – this option requires the learner to take control of their own learning at home, using an online learning unit. Learners have greater flexibility and convenience, with 24/7 access to the learning unit. The learner will have access to a tutor via email for a period of 4 weeks per module from enrolment.
There are several modules available to study in ICDL workforce, and candidates can opt for any combination of these when choosing the Blended or Remote Learning options outlined above. The Tutor led class option will usually consist of a set two modules. The modules currently available are:
- Computer Essentials – This module introduces the learner to the key skills and main concepts relating to ICT (Information & Communication Technology), computers, devices, and software
- Online Essentials – This module covers the key skills needed to understand the main concepts relating to web browsing, e-mail and online security
- Documents – This module covers the key skills needed to use a word processing application
- Spreadsheets – This module covers the key skills needed to use a spreadsheet application
- Databases – This module covers the key skills needed to use a database application
- Presentations – This module covers the key skills needed to use a presentations application
- IT Security – This module covers the skills needed to understand the key concepts relating to the importance of secure information and data, physical security, privacy, and identity theft
TUTOR LED CLASS OPTION (2 Modules): – €300
BLENDED LEARNING OPTION (1 Module): – €110
REMOTE LEARNING OPTION (1 Module): – €75
(May Qualify for DSP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration – Varies depending on options taken.
Accreditation: – ICDL Certificate from the ICDL Foundation