ICDL or International Computer Driving Licence (formally ECDL) is the certification most widely recognised and highly valued by employers.
ICDL Professional is designed to meet the needs of modern professionals in a range of sectors and develops an advanced level of skills for those with technology reliant roles. From the use of business applications to the fundamentals of advanced technologies, these skills allow them to manage different types of workload as well as collaborate with technical teams.
ICDL Professional contains a range of modules which can be completed individually, or combined in any way to create a unique ICDL Profile. The syllabus content of each module is supported by learning materials that mirror day-to-day tasks and responsibilities typical of a role in the sector or industry. It is recommended that candidates have completed the equivalent module in ICDL Workforce before embarking on an ICDL Professional Module.
- The modules currently available to study for ICDL Professional are:
- Documents Advanced – Take word processing to the next level with advanced typographical, formatting and layouts, including tables, forms and graphics. Learn how to use tools like macros and advanced mail merge options, and manage large documents.
- Financial Spreadsheets– The Financial Spreadsheets module covers the advanced skills needed to produce sophisticated reports, perform complex mathematical and statistical calculations, and improve productivity using a spreadsheet application
- Management Spreadsheets– The Management Spreadsheets module covers the advanced skills needed to use the versatile features of spreadsheets to produce reports, provide statistical or mathematical analysis, and manage data more effectively and productively
- Databases Advanced – Master the operation of databases to organise, extract, view and report on information using advanced data management skills. You will also learn the variety of ways in which data can be related and organised, imported, exported and linked.
- Presentations Advanced – Learn how to create and deliver compelling high-impact and information-rick presentations using advanced formatting and layout techniques and multimedia effects. You will also learn how to manipulate images, drawn objects and charts.
€350 Per Module
(May Qualify for DSP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration – approximately 20 hours per module.
Accreditation: – Advanced ICDL Certificate from the ICDL Foundation