The Safety in Industry Act, Schedule No. 30 (Abrasive Wheels) 1982 places an obligation on all employers where Abrasive Wheels are in use, to ensure that only trained, competent and appointed personnel mount the appropriate wheels in the machines.
This legislation was deemed necessary due to the serious injuries and fatalities resulting from the use of machines that were subjected to inappropriate use or incorrect mounting procedures.
This course is intended for fitters and operators for all those who are involved in the purchase & selection, storage & handling, mounting, dressing and use of abrasive wheels. This includes either fixed (e.g. Bench grinders or polishers) or portable (e.g. angle grinders) abrasive wheels.
Upon completion of the course, the candidate will obtain a certificate of attendance which will be valid for 2 years
- To instruct participants in mounting, operation, handling and storage of abrasive wheels
- To demonstrate to participants the use of an abrasive wheel in a practical demonstration
On completion of this training participants will be able to:-
- Safely store and identify abrasive wheels
- Be able to select the appropriate wheel use
- Be able to inspect and recognise damaged wheels
- Be able to mount an abrasive wheel
- Understand the hazards and risks when using abrasive wheels
(May Qualify for DSP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration: 4 hours
Accreditation:- Carnew Training & Consultancy Certificate