This course provides best practice training to staff engaged in the manual handling of loads under the Safety, Health & Welfare at Work Act 2007, Chapter 4.
Carnew Training & Development Centre delivers manual handling training using an in house QQI Level 6 Accredited Manual Handling Instructor.
Upon completion of the course, the candidate will obtain a certificate of attendance which will be valid for 3 years.
- Law related to Manual Handling
- Employer & Employee Duties
- Function & Anatomy of the spine
- Manual Handling Injuries & Hazards
- Means to avoid or reduce Manual Handling
- Good handling techniques & practice
- Conducting a Risk Assessment using the T.I.L.E. Principle
- The 8 Principles of Manual Handling
(May Qualify for DEASP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
Duration / Accreditation
Duration: 4 hours
Accreditation:- Carnew Training & Development Centre