Basic Chainsaw Course
•This comprehensive course covers the safety, maintenance of chainsaws and felling and processing of trees up to 15” (380mm) diameter.
•Suitable for candidates with little or no experience of chainsaw use.
Upon successful completion of assessment the learner will be awarded:
NPTC Level 2 award in Chainsaw, Maintenance and Crosscutting
NPTC Level 2 award in Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
LANTRA certificates of attendance
Day 1 – Classroom / Workshop based
Day 2 to 4 – Cutting Site
Day 5 – Assessment Day at cutting site
PPE (Helmet, gloves, trousers, boots) are available on loan for the duration of the course.
N.B. Learners must note that this is a physical course and a good standard of fitness is required.
• Maintenance of the chainsaw.
• Protective clothing and safety features of the chainsaw.
• Chain sharpening, fuelling, oiling.
• Starting chainsaw and pre-start checks.
• Felling of small trees using various felling techniques.
• Snedding or de-limbing of felled trees.
• Cross cutting.
• Take down of hung-up trees using hand tools.
Duration: 5 days (4 days training, 1-day assessment)
Accreditation: – NPTC City & Guilds and Lantra
For further details contact sales at 053 94 26555 E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org