ABRASIVE WHEELS TRAINING
This Abrasive Wheels Training course is delivered by a Qualified Instructor. It is intended for fitters and operators who are involved in the selection, purchase, storage, handling, mounting, dressing and use of abrasive wheels. This includes either fixed (e.g. Bench grinders or polishers) or portable (e.g. angle grinders) abrasive wheels.
It is the responsibility of all employers, where Abrasive Wheels are in use, to ensure that only trained, competent and appointed personnel mount the appropriate wheels in the machines.
- Identification of abrasive wheels
- Safe storage of abrasive wheels
- Appropriate wheel use
- Damage inspection
- Mounting an abrasive wheel
- Hazards and risks when using abrasive wheels
Who Should Attend
- Any person who is involved in or will be involved in the selection, purchase, storage, handling, mounting, dressing or use of abrasive wheels.
- In class practical assessment by Tutor
- In class written assessment by Tutor
- have a good understanding of both written and verbal English
- bring photo ID with them
Duration: 2.5 hours
Accreditation: Carnew Training & Consultancy In-House Certificate
Validity: Certificate is valid for 3 years
Cost: €80 per person (May Qualify for DSP Funding – Please enquire for further details)