FIRE SAFETY AWARENESS & FIRE WARDEN TRAINING
This Fire Safety Awareness Training Course is suitable for all staff as an introduction to fire safety so that they may understand their role in preventing fires, maintaining safe exit routes and responding appropriately in the event of an alarm.
It will help raise awareness of fire hazards in the workplace, how to react in the event of a fire emergency, and how to select and use the correct fire extinguisher depending on the type of fire.
The Fire Warden training can be completed as an add on to this course.
- Overview of Fire Safety Legislation
- Fire Prevention Measures
- Classes of Fire
- Types of Fire Extinguishers
- How to use a Fire Extinguisher
- What to do in the event of a fire or hearing a fire alarm
- Evacuation procedures
For Fire Warden Candidates:
- Responsibilities of a Fire Warden (before, during and after fire)
- Conducting Risk Assessments
- How people react in an emergency
- Emergency plans and evacuation
Who Should Attend
- For Fire Safety Awareness – Anyone working in an environment where fire is a possibility
- For Fire Warden – All managers, supervisors or employees with duties for fire safety within an organisation
- In class practical assessment by Tutor
- In class written assessment by Tutor
- have a good understanding of both written and verbal English
- bring photo ID with them
- successfully complete Fire Safety Awareness in order to progress to Fire Warden Training
Duration: 3 hrs (+ 1 hour for Fire Warden)
Accreditation: Carnew Training & Consultancy In-House Certificate
Validity: Certificate is valid for 3 years
Cost: €50 per person (additional €20 for Fire Warden Training)
(May Qualify for DSP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
If you would like further information about this course, please complete the contact form opposite and a member of our sales team will get back to you.