MANUAL HANDLING TRAINING
This Manual Handling Training Course, which is delivered by a QQI Level 6 qualified Instructor, is a mandatory safety awareness course. The aim is to provide participants with the knowledge, skills and attitude to enable them to lift and move loads in accordance with good manual handling techniques and to avoid risk of injury.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- lift and handle loads safely
- Manual Handling Legislation
- Anatomy & Back Care
- Injuries & Hazards
- Risk Assessments
- Lifting Techniques
Who Should Attend
- Every person involved in a work place environment of any kind, including (but not limited to) construction, retail, hospitality, health, office work etc.
- In class practical assessment
- In class written assessment
- have a good understanding of both written and verbal English
- bring photo ID with them
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Accreditation: Carnew Training & Consultancy In-house Certificate
Validity: Certificate is valid for 3 years
Cost: €60 per person (May Qualify for DSP Funding – Please enquire for further details)
If you would like further information about this course, please complete the contact form opposite and a member of our sales team will get back to you.