FORKLIFT TRUCK TRAINING
This Forklift-Counterbalance-Training Course has been designed for individuals who wish to learn and be certified in the fundamentals of operating automated machinery such as counterbalance and reach forklifts. Course participants will learn how to operate a forklift to the required level of competency in a safe and appropriate manner as required by Health & Safety legislation. The course is highly interactive with role-playing and practical exercises to reinforce understanding and learning.
Learners can choose from three options with our Forklift training course which are:
Novice – This option is designed for absolute beginners with no prior knowledge or experience of operating a forklift.
Renewal – This option is suitable for forklift operators who have been previously certified and wish to update their knowledge and skills (cert must be no more than 6 months expired and must be provided as proof).
Experienced uncertified – This option is suitable for learners who have experience in operating a forklift but have no formal certification, or for learners whose certification has expired more than 6 months.
- Introduction to the machine
- Pre-shift check of the machine
- Safe operation of the machine
- Hazards when using the machine
- Forklift truck code of practice
- Safety responsibilities
Who Should Attend
- Any person who works in / plans to work in a role that requires them to operate a forklift truck of any size
- Practical Assessment during the course by the Tutor
- In Class Written Assessment by the Tutor
- have a good understanding of both written and verbal English
- be over 16 years of age
- bring photo ID with them
- bring valid (within 6 months of expiry) Forklift cert with them for the Renewal course
Duration: Novice: 5 Days | Renewal: 1 Day | Experienced: 2.5 Days
Accreditation: Carnew Training & Consultancy In-house Certificate.
Validity: Certificate is valid for 3 years
Cost: Novice: €800 pp | Renewal: €225 pp | Experienced: €300 pp
(May Qualify for DSP Funding – Please enquire for further details)