ICDL – DIGITAL CITIZEN TRAINING COURSE
ICDL Digital Citizen is specially developed to cater for those with no experience whatsoever of computers and the Internet. It helps to remove the fear of using a computer for complete novices by using a simple, non-threatening approach to educating individuals in the basic skills of using a computer, email and the Internet.
ICDL Digital Citizen is designed for complete beginners and is open to everyone regardless of status, education, age, ability or understanding. There are still many people who have never switched on a computer and are only vaguely aware of the Internet and its uses. Many of these people would like to know more about computers and the Internet but may feel that it’s too complicated or that it’s too late for them to learn. If that sounds like someone you know, ICDL Digital Citizen is the course for them, to overcome their fears and get started with computers.
- It is a fun, informal and uncomplicated introduction to computers and the Internet for complete beginners.
- It is designed to give an appreciation and basic understanding of computers and the Internet.
- It is designed to build confidence and provide a basis to encourage further exploration and development of computer and Internet skills.
- Computer Basics
- Introduction to the Desktop
- Introduction to Documents
- Introduction to the Web
Who Should Attend
- Anyone who has no experience whatsoever of computers and the Internet
- Continuing assessment throughout the course by the tutor
- have a good understanding of both written and verbal English
- have access to a desktop computer or laptop on which they can practice at home
- bring photo ID with them
Duration: 8 to 15 hrs training depending on the learner
Accreditation: ICDL Certificate from the ICDL Foundation
Validity: Certificate has no expiry date
Cost: €200 per person (May Qualify for DSP Funding – Please enquire for further details)